Wednesday, May 30, 2012

One Step.

Have you seen the Skywalk? No? Oh. Well, have a look:






The mind boggles. The stomach implodes. ...And since my name is neither Luke nor Leia, I don't even have the siren call of The Pun to coax me out on that there glass plank.

Look at those people hanging out, shooting the breeze, chatting like there's not a giant chasm of nothingness below them.

No big deal.

Surely they don't see what's down there. Surely if they did-- and I paraphrase--

running amok and screaming, not conversation, would be the order of the day.

Yesterday, I had a fleeting moment of giant-chasm-of-nothingness-ness in my life.

Do you ever have those? You're walking along, you pause to take stock of your life, and suddenly you're paralyzed.

"What?!" you cry.
{and by "you," I mean... me.}

"How am I here?
What's going to happen?
Why didn't I panic before this?
What was I thinking, not panicking until now?
How am I going to--
How am I--
How?!"

The simple answer? You're not.

He is.



He is.

He knows what He is about.

Settle ye down, thou winged fluttering stomach creatures.
Be still.

Like Peter, walking on the water and sinking when he lost sight of the One who called him...
redirect. Re-focus. Let Him catch you.


"Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him."  Matthew 14:29-31

Keep your eyes on Him, not on the giant chasm of famished what-if's yawning beneath you.

Keep your eyes on Him, and take the next step.
One step.


What's that step look like for you today?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...